The countdown to Christmas begins and now is the time to be making preparations for all of the upcoming holiday season activities. There are so many tasks you can do ahead of time to make the holiday season a little less stressful, so get organized now so that you can enjoy the holiday season later.
Here are 10 tips and reminders to help you to have an organized holiday:
1. Write down everything that needs to be done during the holiday season. A holiday checklist will help to keep you on track.
2. Prepare for out of town guests who are coming to visit. Is the guest room ready, or do you have a pull-out bed they can use? Do you have enough linens?
3. Purchase, write and send your holiday cards early to get them out of the way.
4. Finish your holiday shopping early, so that you can focus on enjoying the season with family and friends.
5. If you have holiday parties to attend, or you’re planning to host a holiday party, check to see if you have an outfit to wear before shopping for something new.
6. Before you buy any new holiday décor, check your current stock of holiday décor or Christmas decorations. Purge anything that’s broken and replace only what’s necessary. The more decorations you have, the more you need to find space for.
7. Make a few one-pot meals or casseroles. Freeze them to serve on busy weeknight evenings in December.
8. If you like to buy gifts for the teachers, postman, etc., remember to include them on your holiday shopping list, so that you can plan your time and stay within your budget.
9. If you’re planning to entertain and have a lot of odd jobs to do around the house before the event, plan to do something every day, or hire someone to help you.
10. Don’t be afraid to say no to requests that you feel will be too stressful or time consuming for you. It’s ok to occasionally have some unscheduled “me-time”.
By planning your holiday season now, you can avoid the rush, frustration and last minute panic later.